Burda 103-10-2008


 The calendar is saying "autumn" but the weather is all summer, so I'm squeaking in a few more summertime makes.
Pardon me while I give myself an uppercut for not making this sooner. I've had the pattern since, well, 2008. The fabric I bought at Tessuti about 2 years ago. I've had the fabric and pattern married in my mind for a while now. It's just taken me a while to get around to it (story of my life!).
The pattern is a two-dot Burda. It's easy. Although you can't see it in the photos, the pleated skirt comes off a deep yoke. Yoked skirts suit my short-waisted figure, and I always feel most comfortable in them. Note to self...make more of them.
Having given myself an uppercut, may I now give myself kudos for buying 6 metres of this fabric. I knew when I saw it at Tessuti it would be a great fabric for me - it looks like a chambray, but it has a drapy, silky feel, that is very unlike a chambray.It is just magic to sew and wear. It wasn't cheap, but gee, whatever it cost was worth it.  I've already made a Lisette Traveller dress out of it (click here to see it on my other blog), now this skirt. I have about 2.5 metres left which I have a pair of casual pants in mind. Go me!
 
 

The obligatory back view
 
The side view
 
Worn with pre-blog made Burda 123-02-2008.
 

 
 
 

Comments

  1. This is a great skirt. I have a Burda collection back to 2008 but had completely overlocked this pattern. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    -Sewingelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MBM - Style Arc Avery

MBM - Style Arc Autumn dress

MBM - Liesl + Co Gallery Tunic, Version 2