Made by Me - Treasured Collection Jacket J

A few weeks ago I went on one of my all-too-infrequent visits to the Fabric Store. I love the Fabric Store, but I dunno, that day I wasn't being inspired. Do you know what I mean? Nothing, and I mean, nothing was speaking to me.
I had my teenagers with me, and although they weren't moaning,  they were sitting on the sofas the Fabric Store provides , looking at me meaningfully. Done yet? Their eyes were saying. So I felt a little pressurized.
I ended up buying this linen. It's a very nice linen, in a very er, nondescript colour. As soon as it was cut, I had a severe case of buyers remorse.
That continued for a few days until I remembered this pattern in Treasured Collection by Yoshiko Tsukiori. I'd made a mental note to make this jacket one day, then lost the note. But this fabric was meant for this pattern, and my buyers remorse subsided somewhat.
This was an easy make to start with, so I ramped it up a little, and finished all the seams with a Hong Kong finish (you'll just have to take my word for it). This is the first time I'd done this, and I was so pleased with the result. It is a bit time consuming, but not at all difficult, and the inside of the jacket looks just great. Trust me on this.
As far as alterations to the pattern, I made very few. This is my second Japanese pattern book make, and the amount of ease is just perfect. This is a loose fitted garment, but you can see it isn't too loose. Just right. Big tick from me there.
The other alteration was to lengthen and widen the sleeve to make it a bit more bell-shaped. I, ahem, carry muscle in the bicep, and my elbows are wide, so this is a pretty standard alteration for me. I just slashed the sleeve from hem to just inside the top of the sleeve and spread about 5cm. It worked out fine.
I like the back-tie which gives it a little shape.
It also has pockets. Excellent!
I'm wearing it here with a pre-blog make, Vogue 1250, which looks ok. I'll probably wear it most often with a tshirt and pants, and I think it will be in high rotation, especially as we move into autumn. The blurb with the pattern says in typically concise style,  "Useful jacket, spring through autumn". Yep.

Comments

  1. Love the jacket. Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MBM - Style Arc Avery

MBM - Style Arc Autumn dress

MBM - Liesl + Co Gallery Tunic, Version 2