MBM - Liesl + Co Weekend Getaway Blouse



The pattern - Liesl + Co Weekend Getaway Blouse. There is also a dress version of this pattern. A pdf download (and how much am I growing to love the pdf download?) here.
The fabric - Appropriately enough, these two co-ordinating cotton voiles were part of the Lisette range that came out at Spotlight a few years ago. The selvages have them dated as 2010, so another stash busting sew. Hooray! This photograph shows the two patterns much better:
This fabric goes nicely with the Maria Denmark Yasmin Yoke Skirt from two posts ago.
Fit notes - I cut for my high bust measurement, and did an FBA using the instructions supplied in the pattern, which are slightly different to other methods of doing the FBA. I was happy with the result. And I dropped the bust dart (which you can barely make out). I didn't adjust the length, which had me kicking myself, but as it happened, didn't need it after all.
This is the first Liesl + Co pattern I've attempted, and was impressed by the sensible amount of ease.
I made no design changes or construction changes to this pattern. The only thing I did differently was to sew that centre front seam an inch longer than marked. It was a bit low for my taste. This might have made the collar sit differently, but it doesn't bother me overly.
This was another easy sew, no challenges for which to award high fives to myself, nor any "d'oh" moments either.
This is a pattern I would be happy to sew again, and there is nothing about it I would change.
It's a rare blog photo shoot that doesn't have Dash sniffing around. Normally I crop him out, but this was a bit hard to do with this shot:

Oh all right, I'll pick you up..

Black is so hard to photograph don't you find...clothes and dogs!

Comments

  1. I've been wanting to try this blouse for a while now. I love your version with the contrasting facings. It looks really good with the coordinating prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This is a great pattern for using up remnants you don't want to throw away.

      Delete
  2. Hello Dash!!! ;) I love your choices of fabric - nice stash busting too!! It is a delightful pattern and looks to be a lovely length on you. I really must make another soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty blouse. I like the contrasting facing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Great combination of fabrics and pattern. Looks sweet with that skirt too.
    -sewingelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fabric choice - love the blouse! My dog has taken to photo bombing too lately!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MBM - Style Arc Avery

MBM - Liesl + Co Gallery Tunic, Version 2

Me Made May 16 - Week 3