Wrapping up Me Made May

Before I get onto the last post for Me Made May, just a thank you to everyone who chimed in with comments on my zipper issue. I've checked out the Zipperstop website, and will be placing an order soon, not only for the Minoru jacket, but some other zipper-front jacket patterns that I have in the stash. Beats me why my google searching didn't throw up this site in the first place, it looks great.

Anyway, on to Me Made May 2014.

 Sunday May 25 - my birthday today! Still warm  so dressed up to go out to lunch with my family and parents wearing Vogue 8805 in linen. I've worn this dress a few times now, and it is only on wearing that I realise that the neckline is a smidge too high at centre front. Am I the only one who picks up on this sort of stuff after a few wears? Can I be bothered to unpick the neckline binding and re-cut the neckline a bit lower? We'll see...
 Monday May 26 - I'm smiling in this photo, but don't know why because I woke up this morning experiencing head-spins and nausea and was on my way to the doctor's for a certificate, as I'd taken the day off work. Wearing Olivia Oversized Tee). (Was dianogosed with viral vertigo, came home and spent the rest of the day in bed).

Tuesday May 27 - Still not great, but hauled myself into work anyway. Being a Tuesday, and in exercise gear for work, I gave myself a day off MMM.

 Wednesday May 28 - First of two days'training today. Wearing Grainline Scout Woven Tee with Tessuti Silva Shirt Jacket.

 Thursday May 29 - training again, wearing Burda 07-2008-107 in linen with self drafted black cotton trousers.


 Friday May 30 - work again. Wearing Olivia Tee (loving this tee, the fabric is so beautifully soft to wear) with Simplicity 2603 in merino wool.

Saturday May 31 - ending MMM where I began it, wearing Tessuti Mandy Boat neck tee in orange stripe. The mild dizziness and morning-sickness like nausea has dragged on and on, today combined with a headache. So I look a bit under the weather.

How to sum up MMM in 2014? First of all, I didn't find it too difficult to wear Me Made items. The exception I would put on that it is on days when I needed to wear active-exercise gear for work, my wardrobe came up short. I have to admit I'm not really motivated to sew my own exercise gear, mainly because of the hassle of sourcing technical wicking fabrics. And fit never seems to be an issue for me in exercise gear, so my mind hasn't gone there, as it were.
Where it has gone is to jacket making. During the month I had a wardrobe clean out, during which a lot of rarely worn RTW stuff got ditched. My wardrobe is now tipping toward me mades except in the category of jackets. So I've lined up a few jacket patterns to make in the coming months, including the Minoru. I'll also be looking at making a jean jacket, and a few others as well.

If I thought about it, I could make some more cogent points about MMM, but my headache is getting the better of me. Thanks to everyone who dropped by and made a comment on my MMM posts. See you in 2015.

Before I go, this morning I was listening to a story on Radio National's By Design programme about home sewing. I didn't hear the whole story, but the bit I did hear was about the increasing popularity of sewing, and the role that sewing blogs have played in keeping sewists inspired and informed. I was sewing at the time I was listening and thinking how true that was for me. Here is the link to the story on the Radio National website, where they also have pdf downloads of the famous Mandy tee shirt (as modelled above), and an A-line skirt.



Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the vertigo - my sister struggled with it for quite a while a few years ago and finally found relief by going to a physiotherapist. Let me know if you would like me to ask her about it.

    Love your birthday outfit - so colourful! You always look so put together in your lovely handmade things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The vertigo is still with me, but not as bad as earlier this week. I'll see how it goes in the next week or two. It's an odd feeling, not unlike early pregnancy.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your MMM effort Paola. Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing some jackets popping up on your blog. Oh and happy birthday for last week. You look lovely in your birthday outfit...great colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've set myself a task for the jackets, including lined jackets which I've never made before. I'll see it goes!

      Delete
  3. I do hope you are feeling much better. Many happy belated Birthday wishes, hope you had a lovely day. You have had an amazing MMM and loved seeing all your garments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MBM - Style Arc Avery

MBM - Liesl + Co Gallery Tunic, Version 2

Me Made May 16 - Week 3