MBM - sleeveless Sewaholic Granville x 2

Last year I made three Sewaholic Granvilles which I counted as the most successful projects of 2015. A couple of sleeveless Granvilles were therefore inevitably in the priority queue for summer. I sewed these two as back-to-back projects a while ago, and both have had several outings since being made, especially during the long run of  monotonously hot days we've been having lately .
The ivory Granville is made from a silk-cotton blend I bought at Tessuti quite a while ago now. My intention for this one in particular is to wear it under cardis and jumpers as we head into the cooler months.
The blue Granville is made from a cotton shirting, again from Tessuti. I think it was called Bahamas, and the colour certainly reminded me of the blue of the Caribbean. Love it, although I found the print somewhat uneven – in some sections, the print was brighter and more distinct and the background colour deeper than others. A bit disappointing when the shirting was on the expensive side. Still, the hand is great, and it didn’t stop me using it, obviously.
I knew that making a sleeveless version of the Granville wasn’t just a matter of leaving the sleeves off. I redrew some of the pattern pieces, following these directions from the Sewaholic website (which in turn link to directions on the Grainline website).
Unfortunately, I didn’t check the fit on sewing the side seams as I was sewing the first version, the ivory. I should have, and taken the side seams in about an inch overall under the arm. As it is, there is a bit of armhole gape there, which I addressed somewhat in the blue version. Still, there is a bit of  armhole gape there too. So not a 100% fitting success, although the gape doesn't worry me much wearing it out and about. 

Apart from that there isn’t too much I’d like to add, that I haven’t already mentioned in previous posts on the Granville here, here and here. So I’ll just leave it there, suffice to say I’m pretty happy to have these versions in the wardrobe and they are already earning their keep
I think I'll retire the Granville to the stash, for now .

Comments

  1. You have had a lot of success with the Granville Shirt pattern Paola. These two latest renditions are no exception. They will be great under a jacket or cardigan when the weather cools down too. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean. I'm dreaming of the day when I'll be wearing these under cardis - I'm a bit over summer!

      Delete
  2. Very stylish Granvilles and you are showing us all how adaptable this pattern is. They will be perfect for layering as the weather cools but perfect for the heat we have been having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. These two shirts have been doing extra duty lately, that's for sure!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MBM - Style Arc Avery

MBM - Liesl + Co Gallery Tunic, Version 2

Me Made May 16 - Week 1