Posts

Showing posts from February, 2016

MBM - useful Tessuti Kate

Image
Two posts ago , I blogged about Tessuti Kate, made up in a textured cotton as a pj top. This was the wearable muslin for a shell top I had in mind, specifically to wear under my Tessuti Silva shirt-jacket. So here it is.. This is View B of the pattern, which has a higher round neck and a faced back opening. After making the pyjama top version, I made a few further fit changes: ·         I added another 5cm in length, for an additional 10cm length addition overall from the original draft. I am 5’9” with a rather short waist, and I prefer my tops this length overall. ·         I added another 1cm FBA, for a 2.5cm FBA overall (that is, each side). ·         I lengthened the bust dart an inch. The fabric is a cotton crepe voile that popped up on the Tessuti website in time for the recent on-line sale.  It was lovely fabric to work with, and had the amount of drape this top needs. I’ve come to  realise I can do slightly boxy shapes if the fabric has drape, so it doe